Solar PV systems capture the sun’s energy using photovoltaic cells. These cells don’t need direct sunlight to work, they can still generate electricity even on a cloudy day. The cells convert sunlight into electricity which can be used to run household appliances and lighting.
Solar PV systems are an ideal solution for use in urban areas where wind is not available and are also a reliable source of power for battery systems.
We usually supply and install solar PV systems that are built to the highest standards and are fully accredited for use in Ireland.
We can install the panels in almost any location, using racking systems for flat or pitched roofs of any material, or alternatively the panels can be ground mounted.
Due to the flexibility of our Solar PV systems they can usually be placed anywhere and be of any size.
Choosing the correct inverter is hugely important.
We can supply install and configure both Tranergy,Omnik or Fronius units of any size to cater for your exact system requirements. For more complex systems we have a choice of many other inverter systems.
What Can Solar PV do for me?
- Excellent return on investment, far in excess of what most banks have to offer
- Higher your BER rating
- Lower electricity costs
- Lower heating costs
Solar PV in Ireland?
- In UK/ Ireland, Solar PV generates about 70% of energy per annum compared with installations in the Mediterranean climate.
- Solar Panels have a longer life span in cooler climates
- Excess electricity generated per annum, occurs between March and October. Long days in summer, short days in winter.
- 83% of electricity generated per annum, occurs between March and October. Long days in summer, short days in winter.
- From an environmental point of view there is a feel good factor from producing clean green energy.
- Little or no need for maintenance (no moving parts).